Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 7 ~

09. July ~ Thursday
7 days! Oh man, that’s insane. I’ve as of the present moment, 727 pictures so far. Ahh, man, yes I know, I have an obsession with taking pictures. I just love capturing things on film, it’s my thing. I can only imagine what it will be like in St. Petersburg, I feel as If I will have a problem. I hope that you all enjoy the pictures none the less.

Today school was awful, that test was just, bad. I get into the test setting and forget endings and mix everything up, it’s terrible. Masha and I are in about the same boat concerning the level of understanding we have. But, after the test our teacher made this really nice chart of endings for male, female, and plural adjectives for all of the six cases. Having the information displayed in this fashion really helped me understand things better, good to see the differences and similarities between cases. So for homework tonight, well personally I am going to work on making more charts. It’s a good place to start.

Art class was soo much fun, tomorrow is our last day, I finished painting most of the plate, we will complete it tomorrow. I am really excited, I think my stuff has turned out pretty good, and for not being very talented with a brush I am pleased.
After classes we went on a tour of Yaraslov’s court. It is located on the trade side of the river (as opposed to the Kremlin side). Since school is on the same side, we walked. Personally, I’ve done the most walking in one week than I have in a very long time. My calves are really starting to ache today. I certainly can use the exercise so it’s not the most terrible thing. I was very tired, and every few steps I would take a picture here and there so Masha, Adrian, and I were basically all behind the rest of the group. Liza was yelling at us to stop taking pictures. Oh well, we’ll have to go back another time and spend a whole day in the city taking pictures. The walk was fun, there were lots of Churches and things to see!
In one church, I don’t remember the name, you’re supposed to pay to take pictures. I snuck in some when the tour person in the Church wasn’t looking, I don’t feel you should have to pay to take your own pictures, come on! I think the tour lady kind of caught on at the end of the tour, so I stopped. The Church’s here are soo amazing, very beautiful. I love walking around and seeing everything, it’s so relaxing.

After our walking tour the group walked around and we ended up back at the Pizza place that we went to a few days ago. When Adrian went to the bathroom Steve jokingly said, quick let’s all run away! Thankfully no one was unaccounted for and all went well.

On my way home I took some pictures of where my house is located, so be sure to check that out! Other than that? Hm.. Oh yeah, Liza cancelled the internship for Francesca and I because we were not supposed to start as early as we did. I was kind of sad, the children will wonder where we are, but it will give me much more free time to do other things and therefore not get home so late and be able to be less tired.

It’s very nice and sunny and hot, although this morning it was cloudy and it rained a lot in the morning, The weather here can change a lot in a day.
Dinner tonight was the most American meal I’ve had so far, chicken and mashed potatoes. It was great! Salad and tea with chocolates after, yay! When we eat or have tea, Olga and I spend the most time talking.

I asked her where she got Beesha and Shira from. Beesha was a gift, his mother was the dog of a friend of Liza’s. Shira was found near the Kremlin when she was very small. Shira was very sick and had to go to the hospital, and after medical attention and medicine she got better and now lives with Olga!

Other than that, Olga always asks me what I did during the day, and I tell her. It’s nice to have conversation even though at times it can be difficult. Most of the time Olga takes a lot of time to make sure to use words I understand, and what I don’t we look up, and vice versa.

For lunch today Olga had made me blini with meat in it. It was kind of like a burrito. I didn’t really like it only because it was cold. Although, the chocolates and apple were very good!

For breakfast I had eggs and sausage, was good as usual, although I was really tired and kinda out of it this morning and wasn’t that hungry. The hospitality of Russians is very apparent, always making sure you have what you want and more.
Well, I must go and work on my homework, tomorrow isn’t a very busy day, just school. There isn’t anything planned, so we’ll see what I get myself into.
Hope all is well and I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Much love,
Sasha

PS - Making my pictures easier to acess, click the link! :)


Day 7 Photos ~ Album 1

1 comments:

Kevi said...

I am sorry that your test didn't go well! Try not to worry too much though because, like you said, other people are probably having just as hard a time as you. Just keep working at it and I am sure you will do fine!

I am glad that you are walking a lot. I am sure it will be really good for your legs :)

Ohh and that is weird that you have to pay to take pictures! I have never heard of such a thing.

Aww that is sad that poor Shira was so sick. Although, I guess things worked out well for her, so that is a good thing :)

Post a Comment