Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

So today is Day 45. I am sitting at the Barista hotel borrowing internet. I have updated my blog so that is all current and so make sure you scroll down! Today has been quite a lazy Sunday!

I woke up around 9:30 and worked on some stuff on the computer and then decided that I should get ready. Then I left for the hotel and arrived at 12:30. I met Steve who was also hanging out. So, I've been posting blog updates and we decided to get something to eat!

I can't believe tomorrow is my last day here, Tuesday doesn't really count because I will be traveling. I can't say that right now I feel much of anytihng, it's indifferent. In some ways I really want to leave, in others I don't.

I am definitely sad to leave though. It's going to be so strange and I don't feel ready to say goodbye in the least. I've grown attached to Russia and just the routine.

All in all, I have to say that this trip has been way more than I expected it to be, and have met some really awesome people. I don't know what else to say, It's just going to be so wierd.

The rest of the day I am going to watch a movie, either Hidalgo or Casanova with Steve, then spend the night packing and getting things in order. Making lists and organizing everything and thinking of all of the things I need to get in order when I get home.

I can't wait to see some of my freinds before school starts again! I start my semester on August 31st. I have little bit of summer left after I return!

I may be on again tomorrow to post something quick, we'll see.

But for now let me leave you with my Top Ten Thing I will Miss in Russia.

1. Olga, and her cooking
2. Beesha and Shira
3. Being able to walk around the city endlessly.
4. Food - All the Russian cuisine that I've had has been really great, not just Olga's but in general.
5. The architecture of Russia especially of Novgorod
6. Clouds, they are massive and just really pretty to look at, I know that sounds silly.
7. Public Transportation - The bus systems are pretty helpful
8. The Orphanage and the children
9. The Cats! Haha, so many cats in Russia!
10. Russian people that I've met along my travels and the people I've become close to.

Talk to you soon!
Love,Sasha

PS - Happy Birthday Aunt Joyce!

1 comments:

Kevi said...

I don't blame you at all for feeling sad about leaving. I think that just goes to show how much of a good time you had in Russia, which means the trip was definitely worth it!

I think that is a good top 10 and it fits you well. I think I can help you with number 7 though. You can just come to my college and we can ride the buses all around someday. I am sure it isn't the same, but it must be similar?

Post a Comment