Monday, August 17, 2009

Champagne and Pizza

Hello! So I guess I am posting again today! Well, after I left the hotel the group met with Stas. He gave us some papers that I have to take back to Liza and then told us about your plans tomorrow for leaving. I am getting picked up between 7:00-7:30, after Steve and Adrian, then Francesca after me!

So, after we did our housekeeping Stas said let's go out. He had about 2,000 rubles (60 Dollars)that Liza left for the group to spend. We went for Pizza at our favorite local pizza shop. They had pizza's called, Obama Pizza. Crazy I know. Well, between Stas, Adrian, Steve and I we ordered 3 Obama Pizzas, another Pizza, three milkshakes and later three more), and bottle of champagne. It was a lot, and the milkshakes were definitely my favorite!

Stas and Steve had a nice conversation about politics and such. While on our way to the Pizza place Stas was pointing out some differences between Russian and American people and mannerisms. I too have noticed these myself. For instance: When Russian people smile they don't show their teeth and thing that smiling without reason means you're stupid. Haha, that means me and definitely a lot of Americans are stupid then. Serisouly, that's silly! Common, smiling is wonderful! Oh another thing, when Russians talk to you they get very close to you and this is not seen as aggressive. In our culture a lot of people have "bubbles" I guess you would call them and we are very reluctant to get close to other people unless we are very good freinds with them. So, just a few things. It was an interesting conversation.

The milkshakes were definitely more milky than thick and ice-creamy like they are at home. I guess that depends on where you get it from but over all it was a bit different in that regard. They had cinnamon and strawberry-ish flavored whip cream, it was great!

Francesca and two of her freinds showed up and joined us too! We were there for a while and then Steve and I had to go to the Rus to buy some things. Well, I got some pictures developed for Olga and got her a card. All I have to do now is go home and write in it.

It's quite warm out today and very nice, so I am pretty thankful about that. Tonight I am just going to relax at home like I said earlier. I can't believe I am almost on my way! Ahh!

Well, you'll hear from me in about 36-48 Hours! Much Love!
Sasha

PS - I will have all pf my pictures updated when I get home, not that I have a lot of new ones, but still!

1 comments:

Kevi said...

What on earth does an Obama pizza consist of?

That is too bad they think smiling too much is stupid! Personally, I think the more you smile the better because that tends to mean that you are being happy!

I can see the whole personal space thing both ways. I mean, it is nice to have some space, especially with strangers and stuff, but I think Americans want too much personal space, which I don't think is good. I don't know, that one is tough to get right I think.

Post a Comment