Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Suitcases and last minute shopping

So, I started and finished packing all in one morning last week. Since then I figured out some things I had forgotten and gotten some advice on things I had not thought of to bring, such as a fleece blanket. So, then I repacked everything into my suitcase. It all fit, but was pretty heavy and bulky. I start thinking, I can only see this being really hard for me to manage around an airport being as tiny and clumsy as I am, and I couldn't even pick up the thing. Jet blue has a 50. lbs limit on checked baggage. I wandered back into the closet and found a duffel bag! So, I now have a large suitcase, that weighs a lot less and a duffel bag, which will be considered another checked bag, and Jet Blue charges 20/30 dollars for extra checked baggage. However, if your bag is over the weigh limit the fee is 50 dollars. I would rather pay 20 than 50. Silly rules.

Went shopping with Michelle, one of my fellow travelers and Russian classmates. Went to the mall, best buy, and wal-mart. I bought some locks for my luggage, international socket converter things, if anyone want's to know, Russian outlets are 1-C, or type C, also known as CEE 7/16. Haha, yeah. Those things are expensive. Oh well. Other than that, in wal-mart I found a cute travel pillow for only 6 dollars. Michelle and I both got one! It was pretty exciting. Other than that, just some other small things I needed. I should be all set. I am considering whether to buy an extra battery for my camera, those are also kinda expensive?

Found out today Brockport should be receiving Visas from NYC by Friday and they should be to me by Monday of next week! Ahhh!

Drove by the airport on the way to the mall and I saw some planes, got a bit excited. I still can't believe I am leaving soon. 8 Days.

Here are some more websites to check out if you're interested..

Weather and Daylight Savings information in Novgorod

Do's and Don'ts when visiting Russia

Novgorod Map!


The best of Novgorod!


That's all for now!

With love,
~ Sasha

0 comments:

Post a Comment