Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 30 ~ August 1st

1. August

Wow, August already, I’ve got a little over two weeks here! Time sure goes by quickly. Anyways, Masha and Steve spent the night. Steve got up and left super early. Masha and I had breakfast with Olga. Olga made these little pancake things that were filled with a shredded vegetable. They are amazing; you put sweet cream on them! I had a whole bunch of them and Olga and Masha both marveled at my eating capabilities. Olga told me what they’re called in Russian and I wrote down how to make them, from watching her. Anyways, the vegetable, whatever it was tasted really great, overall I loved it!

We had originally told Doug we would meet him at Coffee Land for breakfast at 11. By the time we arrived it was 11:30 and Steve soon joined us. I got cold green tea and it actually looked green, it was really good. It had limes and lemon in it too. I never realized that limes were sour like lemons, I don’t really like them for eating. However, Coffee Land never disappoints. We sat and talked about history class yesterday because I asked some more questions. So I got a nice little run through on Russian history around the beginning of the 1900s thanks to Doug and Masha. It helps when most of the group is international relations majors or a history major.

After coffee land we decided to just walk around the city. Doug and I were trying to get some pictures of the city itself, the streets and buildings that were not Kremlin. So, I’ve spent the last couple of days doing that. Our walking led us all back to the department stores, and eventually to the Pizza place where the group went together on some of our first days here. We got three different pizzas and shared them all! They were good and we spent the time here talking about relationships and marriage and such like that. It was a very interesting conversation. After pizza we walked across the bridge and went to the souvenir shop in Yaraslov Court. I have finished all of my souvenir shopping and spent a lot of money, oh well, I am in Russia so it’s okay. It was a nice day of just doing things at our own pace and relaxing.

The time went by really fast and Masha and I eventually made it back home around 8pm. The sun is not a good tool to use to estimate time! I should know that by now, but I really didn’t expect it to be as late as it was! Anyways, I spent the evening with Olga. We had a nice dinner. She made macaroni with ham in a cheesy sauce, it was really good! For some reason I was exhausted and am going to bed early tonight!
Tomorrow I am just going to hang out and study, I have a big test on Monday in language class so I will be spending the day with Anton and the flashcards.
Love,
Sasha!

Photos from Today and Yesturday:
Russia ~ Day 29, 30 ~ Good Times around Novgorod

1 comments:

Kevi said...

Haha, I love the line "they marveled at my eating capabilities." LOL! I don't think Olga could have ever guessed that someone could keep up with her cooking =P

Well I am glad you found fun people to hang out with. Sounds like your Coffee Land group had a lot of fun times together :)

Post a Comment