Sunday, July 19, 2009

St. Petersburg ~ A Short Story

Hello All! So, I've been in St. Petersburg the past four days and it's been amazing. I am a little behind on updating my daily posts, and pictures, plan on getting all caught up with everything that I did before we went to St. Petersburg tomorrow and then onto the info on St. Petersburg.

Until then.. here is a little story of my past four days!

The city is beautiful and very European in style. Peter the Great originally wanted the city to have European style buildings so that explains it. The city is like Russia's NYC.

Another thing, this city doesn't feel like you're in Russia. It is soo much different from Novgorod. After four days I am missing Novgorod. It is very big and i've done enough walking for the rest of my life.

Over the past four days I have done the following : Three hour walking tour of the city, a tour of St. Issac's,a tour of the Hermitage, a tour of Peterhoff and Pushkin, Swan Lake Russian Ballet, and a 1am - 2:30 am boat ride along the canals of St. Petersburg. As well, tours of Cathedral of the Spilled Blood and lot's of sightseeing in the city, walking and eating!

In the Hermitage I saw the originals works of Picasso, Monet, DaVinci, Michaelangelo, Rembrandt, Cezanne, Goya, and a lot more. Mom, I took pictures, I thought of you as I was looking at all the artwork! The Hermitage was beautiful, as were all the palaces and cathedrals I have seen! Lot's to update you on...

It's been amazing and soo fun! I also got to befriend a baby red squirrel, a monkey, and bought myself my very own Russian fur winter hat! It's white with leather and fox fur.

All in all it's been a great trip, and i will leave you with some pictures until I update further about the trip...

I hope you're all doing well! Back to Novgorod for me! :)

Love,
Sasha






My monkey friend, A squirrel that was looking for food, Peterhoff, and the group in front of the Winter Palace!

1 comments:

Kevi said...

I am glad that St. Petersburg was a lot of fun! I can't wait until you have time to put up some full updates :)

That is cool that you made some animal friends! I think that the squirrel looks cute :) Yeah, and I like the 3rd picture of Peterhoff, it looks beautiful!!

Well, thanks for the short update! I love you <3

Post a Comment